It may look as though I’ve decided but there’s lots to think about.
A) If I stay:
- I’ll not finish collecting the first 1000 Penguins (as above). I’m only 14 short.
- Who will I get to look after the Home Team? I can’t put the poor beasts into kennels for all that time or keep getting them out then returning them a few days / weeks later.
- I’ll miss my newspapers: currently when away (for a short time) I have a pal get them for me then I gorge on them on my return.
- I get through a book a week or so. Can I carry that many around with me?
- As well as my Penguins I’ve a 1000-piece jigsaw to finish. That number seems to crop up in my life! It was a birthday present (in January), a photo of a fox in a bluebell wood with most of the bluebells out of focus (i.e. a mass of indistinguishable blue).
- What about my piano lessons? I started two years ago and can just about remember where middle C is.
- What about my Pilates Class?
- Can I exist without knitting for all that time? I’m not obsessive but I do like to have something on the go.
- Will I get decent milk to have in my Earl Grey (sorry those of you who have it black or with lemon).
- Who’ll read the meters, order the oil, pay the bills etc?
- I could redecorate as I wish.
- I could redesign the garden. I’ve always fancied “rooms” like you see in the magazines.
- The beasts would be happy and well fed.
- My exercise (physical and mental) routine would be maintained.
B) If I go:
- See John and George every month or so rather than after almost a year (would I recognise them? Will they recognise me?).
- Meet new people.
- See new places.
- Enjoy some time away with friends who I don’t normally spend time with.
- I could download the newspaper on my iPad (which I currently don’t have, add to shopping list).
- If I do three pieces of jigsaw a day it’ll be finished in time.
- I could keep piano / Pilates going when I am home and practice when away (I have a lovely little fold up keyboard, not brilliant but good enough).
- If we get a house / beast sitter, they can sort out meters, oil etc. Most bills are or could be direct debit.
I guess I’ll regret not going.